A few quick points about yesterday's game:
(I was totally Apollo Creed)
1. A special thanks to Gavin for oversleeping (due to drunkenness) so that Poethig could go to the game. He and I have both suffered through some awful Brewers baseball for basically our entire lives. He was, to say the least, excited to be there.
2. Speaking of Poethig - when Braun homered in the 8th, he and I embraced in a manner not seen since this special moment from Rocky 3:
3. As I may have told you already, I saw my old man (also known as "the toughest son of a bitch alive" or, "what would happen if John Wayne and Lou Brown from Major League had a kid) tear up when the Brewers won. I was flabbergasted. Poethig's response was, "Man, he's grizzled."
4. To the girl sitting in front of us at the game: Hey...what's up? How you doin'?
5. Having to watch the conclusion of the Mets/Marlins game on the jumbotron after the Brewers game ended was somewhat anti-climactic, but it was all worth it after Matt Lindstrom closed the deal and showered Miller Park in confetti, giving everyone one big face full of celebration.
6. I woke up this morning hung over, and not from drinking. Just from...joy, maybe?
7. It must really suck to be Ned Yost today.
8. Videos and links of the good stuff:
9. Nobody, and I mean nobody cared that the Packers lost. Anyone who lives (or has lived) in Wisconsin will appreciate how weird that is.
10. I'll say this again: I don't care if the Brewers get swept in the first round. At all. We're in, baby. And I love it.
P.S. Please, let Bob Uecker break out that tuxedo he wore in Major League for the playoffs.